Every queen BEE-zus needs a king. Mine is meal prep. Don't you love a Sunday-funday that consists of chopping & roasting veggies? Throw in some crockpotting and you know its a true par-tay! Yep. It’s that sweet satisfaction you get when you step back and admire a fridge packed with perfectly stacked containers full of veggified-goodies ready to go for the week ahead. Glorious.
But, let’s be real. Eating the same roasted veggies over and over is boring. Beezus can’t deal with boring. I’m always looking for creative ways to shake things up.
One of my favorite recipes is coconut-cinnamon cauliflower. And I use the word ‘recipe’ lightly because it is probably one of the easiest, most foolproof things you could ever make. What can I say… I’m a busy bee and I don’t have time for cumbersome recipes with a bazillion ingredients. I keep it simple!
· Cauliflower Florets
· Coconut Oil (I like the coconut oil spray from Trader Joe's - shocking)
· Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
· Ground Black Pepper
· Preheat oven to 450
· Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and spread evenly across a baking pan (I line my pan with parchment paper first to prevent sticking)
· Coat cauliflower with coconut oil spray
· Do an even shimmy shake of all spices over the cauliflower: cinnamon, sea salt and black pepper
· Roast! I like mine very crispy, so I’d estimate about 25-30 minutes in total
I often make a big batch and then portion out for lunches to last throughout the week. The coconut + cinnamon is an interesting combo and really tastes great paired with chicken or fish. Enjoy!