mmmbop, a Simple Mango Salsa Recipe
I've been wanting to make mango salsa for quite some time.
It's perfect for summer meals and it's so versatile. It pairs well with any chip for a nice lil appetizer, or it's a fab garnish for a number of dishes. Fish tacos. Shredded pork. A lil chicky-chick. YUM. It's also pretty hard to mess up. The ingredients are simple and the instructions are even simpler. For that reason alone, it's a winner in my book :)
It just so happens that I was at the grocery store today... you know, boppin' in the produce department. THEN, what did I see?? MANGOS [on sale]. beezy popped those into her basket SO fast. No question, the time has come for a lil mango salsa!
- 3 ripe mangos; peeled, pitted, cubed
- 1 medium red bell pepper; seeded, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 small jalapeño; seeded, diced
- 2 small limes
- just a bitty bunch of cilantro
- a smidge of sea salt to taste
- Dice the following ingredients and place in medium sized bowl: [seeded] red bell pepper, [seeded] jalapeño, red onion
- Peel and pit your mangos, dice into small cubes, and add to the medium bowl with the other ingredients
- Chop up a lil cilantro, add a pinch of sea salt and finish with a squeeze of lime
- Toss all ingredients & enjoy!
I made some shredded crockpot pork for meals throughout this upcoming week. V excited to add this mango salsa as a topping... perhaps with cauliflower rice?? I'll keep ya posted! :)