Easter Beezy Baskets with Cinnamon Coconut Granola
It's Easter and I'm makin' beezy baskets.
Yesterday I went to Trader Joe's. Shocker. I go pretty much every weekend.
I wake up early. I drink coffee. I spin. I grocery shop at Trader Joe's. That's the routine. What can I say?! I'm a pretty predictable lady.
Well I was doing my usual shop n' bop --> you know, perusing the produce section, then the meats/fish, then the coffee [cannot forget the coffee], and onto the new items shelf... these are my usual pitstops. I'll then typically do a quick run through of the aisle with the chips, salsas, dried fruits and nuts. Sometimes I’ll snag a jar of salsa for crockpot chicken, but this time around… Ah, I felt inspired! Nuts + seeds + coconut flakes! … Yep, yep. It’s the perfect combo of ingredients to make granola. I've been wanting to make my own granola for a long time. And I figured with Easter right around the corner I could make a batch and give it as gifts in lil Easter baskets!
I was able to get everything I needed from TJs, except the sesame seeds.
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup raw cashew pieces
- 1 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup shelled raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pink sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss dry ingredients in large bowl: coconut, almonds, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds.
- Warm honey and coconut oil in a small pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot and easily pourable, about 1 minute. Pour over coconut/nut mixture and stir to combine. Add cinnamon and sea salt.
- Spread mixture evenly on baking sheet and bake. About halfway through, give it a quick stir. Bake until golden-brown and crisp [about 20 - 25 minutes].
This was so easy to make and ... obvi, delicious.
I let the granola cool and then I packaged it up in my Easter beezy baskets :) I found the pink colored grass, the bunny bags, and the glass containers all at TJ Maxx.
I added a small bunch of the grass to the bottom of the bag, then popped in the glass jar filled with the granola, and topped it off with a touch more of the glass. I sprinkled in a few TJ peanut butter cups and ... beezam. done. The CUTEST lil beezy-bunny baskets you could ask for. Enjoy!